Ryan J. Niehaus received his J.D. from the University of Missouri – Columbia School of Law in 2013, where he served as an editor of the Journal of Environmental and Sustainability Law. Prior to law school Ryan graduated Suma Cum Laude from Truman State University with a B.A. in Political Science.
Ryan is licensed to practice in Missouri and is also admitted in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri.
Prior to joining Pitzer Snodgrass, P.C., Ryan worked as an associate at Osburn, Hine & Yates, LLC, in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, where he practiced in the areas of auto insurance defense, medical malpractice defense, and general defense litigation. Ryan is a member of the Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers and the Saint Louis County Bar Association.
- Ryan J. Niehaus, note, Sustaining a Jurisdictional Quagmire(?): Analysis and Assessment of Clean Water Act Jurisdiction in the Third Circuit, 19 J. Env. & Sust’y L. 473 (2013).
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a financial institution on a claim made against it under the Missouri Merchandizing Practices Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of the coowner of a vehicle on a claim that she negligently entrusted the vehicle to the other owner who was subsequently involved in a collision while driving the vehicle.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of local nonprofit baseball stadium defeating former board member’s claim that he owned the bleachers in the stadium.
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Saint Louis County Bar Association
- University of Missouri, Columbia
- J.D., 2013; Certificate: Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Truman State University
- B.A., Political Science, Suma Cum Laude, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
AWARDS & HONORS
- Cali Award, Highest Grade in Pretrial Practice
- Journal of Environmental and Sustainability Law’s Award - Most Outstanding Student Article
- Associate, Pitzer Snodgrass, P.C. (2016 - Present)
- Associate, Osburn, Hine & Yates, LLC (2013 - 2016)